|Secondary Teaching Assistants | Graduates | Aspiring Teachers|
Do you have a passion for working with young people who require additional support?
Would you like to gain paid experience in a secondary school setting?
Upon registering with Academics, the role of Teaching Assistant (TA) can be wide-ranging dependent on the requirements from our partnership secondary schools. As an agency, we accommodate the particular skills of each person to each Teaching Assistant assignment that we have. A good proportion of the work is supporting teachers in the classroom and can also involve working on a one-to-one basis with students that have special educational needs (SEN).
Why become a Teaching Assistant with Academics?
* Flexible role – day to day, short, and long term roles are common!
* The role complements your skills if you have a subject area that you specialise or have a genuine interest in!
* Rewarding – you have an impact on the lives of the students you work with!
* A great way to experience the life in the classroom before deciding to train to become a teacher!
* Generous rates of pay!
As an Academics Teaching Assistant, you will have:
* Desirably, a minimum of 4-6 week's experience in an environment working with adolescents.
* A positive can do attitude to respond to busy schools. Calls for work can be from 7:00am in the morning!
* Able to get to our partnership schools in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, or the Cheshire East by 8.30am with 30-60 minutes notice.
* Can work flexible between Mondays to Friday. Usual working hours are between 8.30am-3.30pm
* Hold a current Enhanced DBS that is registered with the Update Service or to be prepared to apply for a new DBS with ourselves (cost applied).
We are always eager to hear from applicants who are passionate about working with young people and are potentially thinking about a career in teaching or within the education sector.
If you are interested in becoming a teacher, but you would like to gain some experience working in a school, this is a wonderful chance to decide whether the education sector is for you. The role of a teaching assistant gains you knowledge of the inner workings of our secondary schools.
Academics are dedicated to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect every candidate to share this commitment. Assignments are subject to safeguarding and child protection screening in line with DfE polices, including right to work, employment references and enhanced DBS checks.
If you are interested in the role of a Teaching Assistant within a high school or academy within Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, or the Cheshire East, please do click 'APPLY NOW' below to submit your most up to date CV and application for review.