An Ofsted “Good” SEN school in Dagenham are looking for a Teaching Assistant to join their staff with an immediate start. The school caters for students aged 5-19 year olds who have EBD and display challenging behaviour.
SEN Teaching Assistant
£70 - £80 per day
* Do you have an interest in working with young people with special needs?
* Do you have an understanding of SEN including EBD?
* Do you have experience working with students with challenging behaviour?
* Are you a dedicated and resilient person?
* Do you understand, value, and support safeguarding measures in schools?
The Ideal Candidate
* Will have a genuine interest in SEN, the ability to work well with vulnerable young people.
* Have experience working with students with Special Educational Needs
* Confident and comfortable working with students with very challenging behaviours
* The ability to demonstrate the value of education whilst keeping the pupils safe.
* Has an up to date DBS, preferably on the update service.
* Is positive, dedicated and resilient - as it is a challenging role, but can be very rewarding.
* Have excellent verbal and written skills
* Have a calm, patient and positive approach to your work and the ability to communicate well on all levels.
* To work alongside the class teacher and other members of staff to maintain a meaningful, supporting and secure learning environment.
* To deliver small group/1:1 interventions.
* To aid staff in delivering educational programmes.
* To be part of a classroom team, under the direction of the class teacher and or learning mentors.
* To participate in team meetings, reporting on pupil performance.
* To support pupils with their personal and behavioural development.
Your position will help to create an outstanding learning environment for pupils by providing the support they need to succeed. This is the kind of role that will give you the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of individuals and build up a portfolio of work and outstanding experience for further career development. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share the same commitment.
Does this sound like the job for you?
If so, apply today! Please apply here or email email@example.com with a copy of your most recent CV. Alternatively, call 0203 031 4863 for more information.
Academics are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.