English Teacher – January 2021 – English Maternity Cover – London
Outstanding secondary school seeking a qualified English Teacher to teach English across KS3, KS4, and KS5. English teachers looking for a new role for January 2021 should apply.
Salary: Main Pay Scale
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Long term supply – 2 terms minimum
Required for: January 2020
Suitable for: NQTs or experienced teachers
Deadline: 1st October 2020
• An enthusiastic English Teacher with the ability to teach across all of the key stages
• Passionate about English with excellent subject knowledge – an English specialist
• Ambitious and committed to the very highest standards of student learning
• Keen to challenge and enthuse a variety of learners
• An excellent classroom practitioner with a drive for self-improvement and development.
About the Role:
• Students follow the AQA English syllabus at GCSE and at A-level
• English classes are taught in mixed ability groups from Year 7 upwards
• The English department achieves outstanding results at all Key Stages
• There is opportunity to teach at KS5 if the successful applicant has experience
• This is a maternity cover from January to July 2021 at minimum – extension to December 2021 OR to a permanent contract are both possible
About the School:
• Large comprehensive school situated in East London
• Consistently rated as outstanding by Ofsted
• Established an excellent reputation within the local
• High standards of teaching and learning as well as student behaviour and conduct are positively set and enforced
• Proud to be above the national average across all categories
• A strong commitment to staff’s professional development and wellbeing
• Non-contact time and PPA are above the national minimum requirement of 10% of the teaching timetable
• A team of highly motivated and talented teachers that work collaboratively to raise standards and secure achievement for all students.
• Overall, quite well behaved students that are keen to achieve and are respectful of their teachers.
• A well-resourced school and a stimulating environment that is conducive to high quality teaching and learning.
How to apply:
Shortlisting is still taking place and interviews are being arranged before and after the closing date of this advertisement. Please apply with your updated CV by clicking the link or emailing Christine Roseto on Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org