Do you have experience working or caring for children with additional needs? Are you able to provide personal care to a child or young person?
We are looking for Teaching Assistants with experience of personal care for Special Needs schools in and around Warrington. You will be a confident and warm person, able to provide 1:1 classroom learning support to a child with additional learning needs, as well as being able to provide personal care such as toileting and changing throughout the school day.
Many of the schools that we work with are looking for full-time, part-time, and daily cover Teaching Assistants – we will work with you to find out what you’re looking for and will recommend you for your perfect role. Our schools often support children with Autism, ADHD, PMLD, physical disabilities, and looked-after-children, so any experience working with or caring for children with similar needs would be beneficial but not essential.
You may also have the following:
* Experience of working with children or young people with additional needs (such as Autism, ADHD, PMLD);
* Experience of personal care (toileting, changing) with children or adults;
* Confidence working with children on a 1:1 basis and as part of a team;
* A warm, calming, and confident nature;
In return, from us at Academics you will receive:
* Competitive pay rates;
* A personal consultant with excellent links in Special Needs Education;
* The option to take on trial days, interviews, or practice shifts before committing to a long term role;
* The option to work across Primary, Secondary, and SEN schools if you wish.
All of our school support roles require full enhanced DBS checks for the Child Workforce Council.
We would love to hear from you if you are interested in this role. Please apply above or contact Academics on 0151 232 0332 to discuss the role informally.