Meet the Teaching Agency on the Isle of Wight
Located in Cowes and managed by a local consultant with 25 years teaching and school leadership experience, the emphasis is very much on working with you and your individual skills, experience and ambition, whether you are a senior leader, a teacher, LSA/TA or just setting out on a career in education.
Academics Isle of Wight support staffing in all aspects of education, working with the following on a daily basis:
The Island’s: Secondary Schools, Primary Schools, Special Schools and Pupil Referral Unit, the Local Authority SEN and Virtual School (1:1 Tutoring), the local authority Home Education Service, and small group intervention.
And, in terms of our business approach, we offer:
- A totally flexible approach to your individual needs
- Pay rates that are some of the highest rates in the market
- Daily, ‘short notice’, part time and full time posts available
- Local consultants with teaching and school leadership experience
- A breadth of opportunity that comes with working with a wide range of organisations
- A local approach with the backing of a leading national education recruitment agency
- An Isle of Wight office open from 7am daily (tel: 01983 212199)*
Nigel joined Academics after running his own independent education recruitment agency on the Isle of Wight. With nearly twenty-five years’ experience of teaching, middle, and senior leadership within schools and colleges, as well as management experience within the hospitality industry, Nigel has experienced and understands many of the problems schools and colleges face in maintaining a full, consistent and high quality staffing complement.
Nigel qualified in Hospitality Management at university followed by achieving a post graduate Diploma in Management Studies. Shortly afterwards he began his teaching career on the Island in further education before moving to schools where he qualified as a teacher.
Nigel is married with three grown up children, and has lived on the Isle of Wight for over thirty years.