Both our partnership primary and special educational needs (SEN) schools are currently looking for qualified and experienced Higher Level Teaching Assistant’s (HLTA) for day-to-day cover and short/long term supply work. Working across Stoke-on-Trent and the surrounding areas can be diversified, meaning that Academics proudly work with an assortment of primary and SEN schools that have different requirements to suit.
Academics are known to have a strong record of placing many of our HLTA & TA’s into long-term, as well as permanent work following a successful period of long-term supply within both our primary and SEN schools.
Responsibilities of a HLTA:
* Collaboratively working with the class teacher to plan exciting lessons.
* Preparing the classroom, such as setting up equipment for lessons, etc.
* Supporting students of all abilities and needs by providing engaging and interesting work.
* Excellent classroom behaviour management.
* Teaching the class when the teacher is absent.
* Delivering work set by the class teacher.
Requirements of a HLTA:
* Mandatory attained HLTA status, through classroom experience of working as a HLTA/ TA in a school setting and the relevant qualifications.
* Knowledge of the National Curriculum.
* A good level of English, Maths, and ICT skills.
* Ability to be self-motivated and driven to support the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs (SEN).
If eligible and suitable for this particular role, potential candidates will firstly partake in a telephone screening. Regrettably, due to the high number of applications that we receive we are unable to give feedback to every potential candidate. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours, unfortunately on this occasion we will not be taking your application further.
Academics are a leading national education agency that specialises in the recruitment of permanent, long term and daily supply teachers and support staff. As an Academic’s HLTA you will have a dedicated consultant who will support you with your career and who will give you access to a variety of flexible opportunities, all at great rates of pay.
We will reviewing applications for this role immediately, so if you are a HLTA and have a proven-track record of experience in a primary or SEN school, please click 'APPLY NOW' today below to submit your application.