Academics are a leading national education agency that specialises predominantly in the recruitment of permanent, long/short term, and daily supply teachers and support staff. The local Stoke-on-Trent office is one of the main suppliers of excellent staff to local primary schools across Stoke-on-Trent, and now due to our ongoing success in placing candidates our recruitment has expanded in placing skilled and L3 qualified Early Years Practitioners (EYP) into day nurseries from January 2021.
Early Years Practitioners who apply for this role must:
* Have the minimum of a Level 3 (or equivalent) Childcare/Early Years qualification.
* Have a good level of English and Maths (GCSE and above or equivalent).
* Good knowledge of the EYFS framework.
* Have accountability for ensuring that the highest level of care and education for children attending the nursery.
* Be able to easily identify the individual needs of the children on a day to day basis.
* Have recent nursery/school based references and a valid Enhanced DBS that is registered with the Update Service. If you don’t obtain a live DBS, you must be happy to complete a new application with ourselves (cost does apply).
As an Academic’s Early Years Practitioner you will have your own dedicated consultant who will support you with your career and who will give you access to a variety of flexible opportunities, all at great rates of pay!
If you are an EYP and you feel that you have the appropriate experience and relevant qualifications for this particular role, please click 'APPLY NOW' below to submit your most up to date CV.
We are dedicated to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect every candidate to share this commitment. Assignments are subject to safeguarding and child protection screening in line with DfE polices, including right to work, employment references and enhanced DBS checks.
What our staff say about us!
"I first contacted Academics in August 2020, to start supply in September. Hannah was extremely helpful & supportive when providing information & getting me set up with the agency. I then had regular contact with my consultant Matt who supported my journey into primary school supply. I am really impressed with how quickly work started to come in from September, & was able to gain valuable experience within a range of schools. Matt always contacted me after I had been into a new school to find out how my day had been & I felt comfortable to provide true feedback. Unfortunately, all schools aren't going to suit everybody, and Matt was really supportive of this. Communication has always been good & I have had a really good experience with the agency." - Lauren (Primary NQT)